Spofforth Castle in the village of Spofforth, North Yorkshire, England comprises the ruins of a hall range and is all that remains from a fortified house. The current castle was built by the Percy family in the early 13th century, with alterations made in the 14th/15th centuries. The original was a Motte and Bailey structure built by William de Percy, 1st Baron Percy, at some point after 1071, when he was granted the lands of Spofforth and Topcliffe.
The Percy estates were confiscated after the rebellion against King Henry IV of England in 1408 and given to Sir Thomas Rokeby. They were later restored and then lost again in 1461 when the Percys supported the losing side in the War of the Roses. Spofforth was eventually returned to the family and inhabited until 1604. Part of the castle was built in the 13th century, some in the 14th, and some more added on in later centuries. The castle was reduced to ruins during the Civil War (1642-1646).
The ruins are now listed as a grade II* listed building and under the guardianship of English Heritage. They are managed by Spofforth-with-Stockeld Parish Council.